Grace is a church that is going out, serving in everyday life and taking Christ to the generations!
Grace offers many ministries allowing you to serve the Lord! With our ministries, you’ll find people actively seeking God’s purpose and power in their lives. You’ll find people who are willing to support you in your daily walk with the Lord. You’ll find people who are striving to become the person they were created to be – a person after God’s own heart.
"Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given us.” Romans 12:4-6
Mission and Outreach
Grace Lutheran Church receives numerous requests for assistance, including monetary donations and volunteer time. As a result, we created a Mission council to guide, direct, and plan the mission efforts of our Church. Currently, we have partnered with the following organizations:
Service: Going to the Community
- LifeChoice Pregnancy Center of Winter Haven
- Anchor House
- Blood Mobile
- Comfort Packs
- Haley Center
- Meals on Wheels
- The Mission
- Redeeming Life Maternity Home
- Salvation Army
- Soup Kitchen
Service: Going to the Nations
- Lutheran World Relief
- Mission to Papua New Guinea (PNG)
Stephen Ministry at Grace is an extension of the pastoral offices which brings one-on-one ministry by trained, caring members who extend Christ’s healing love to those who are lonely,grieving, ill or experiencing other crises or stresses in life.
Stephen Ministers are there:
- after the phone call you hoped you'd never get.
- after the funeral, when everyone has left and the emotions you've held at bay come crashing in on you.
- after the relationship falls apart and the bottom falls out of your life.
- after the doctors says, "I'm sorry, but there's nothing more we can do."
- after the nursing home director shakes your hand and says, "Welcome to your new home."
- after the last child honks the horn, waves, and drives away - and the house suddenly seems empty.
- after the gavel comes down, the handcuffs go on, and your loved one is led away.
- after the baby arrives, demanding more of you than you ever dreamed possible.
- after you find a pink slip with your final paycheck.
- after your family and friends have heard your story one too many times, but you still need to talk it out.
Since 1979, Grace Lutheran Church has trained over 200 Stephen Ministers and they, in turn, have helped over 800 hurting souls. Please contact Sharon Wilson or call 863.293.8447.
- Special Ministries is a group of dedicated, trained volunteers who make daily assurance calls and send cards to those who live alone or are chronically ill or convalescing after hospitalization. If you would like to volunteer, or know someone who would like to receive a phone call from Grace, please contact Nancy Booth or call 863.293.8447.
- The women of Grace Lutheran Church invite you to join us in fellowship, Bible study, and service. We have quarterly meetings for all members of our circles on a Saturday in March, June, and October in Trinity Hall. The individual circles meet in September, November, January, February, April, and May. Some of the activities led by the Women’s Ministry are: LWML District Retreats, Advent by Candlelight; Book Reviews every January; and countless other activities in glory to God! We would love for you to join together with us as we "Serve the Lord with gladness." Psalm 100:2. Please contact Krista Bernthal or call 803-269-9919.
Lutheran World Relief Quilters
We meet every Thursday morning from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM in the Women’s Center to make quilts, school kits, and personal care kits which are sent around the world. Please contact Krista Bernthal or call 803-269-9919.